Resources & Links
We have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Heartworm Society: Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems: Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- Barkbusters: History and Background Bark Busters Home Dog Training was founded in 1989 and has quickly spread throughout the world. Operating in the U.S. since June 2000, Bark Busters has offices in 40 states and 10 countries with more than 400 franchise locations worldwide. Bark Busters Dog Behavioral Therapists have trained more than 500,000 dogs, making Bark Busters the global leader in dog training.No matter what country they live in, all Bark Busters therapists share the same passion and mission: to help families enjoy their pet dogs by providing dog behavioral therapy and training using natural, holistic and humane techniques in the family's home.We invite you to discover why dog owners around the world have come to understand and value Bark Busters' successful methods of "training dogs the Aussie way"!
- Homeagain.com: HomeAgain's Complete Pet Recovery Service Membership For Lost & Found Pets Your complete pet recovery service membership begins with your pet's microchip. This permanent pet ID gives you access to enroll in HomeAgain's annual membership program that includes total pet protection for lost and found pets.
- National Animal Poison Control Center: This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA): The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US: This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service: The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Purina Veterinary Diets: Your Pet, Our Passion®: Premium Pet Food by Purina For the past 75 years, we've used our knowledge and expertise to give pet owners the healthy pet food, products, tools and advice they need to help enrich their pets' lives. Find the pet food information, training tips and health care facts you need to provide a healthy, loving home for your pet. Browse our collection of premium pet food to find healthy dog food, cat food and a range of pet care products to help provide your pet with the care and nutrition he needs.
- Rainbow Bridge: Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- West Nile Virus: This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- American Association of Feline Practitioners: The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health
- Veterinary Information Network: VIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary community eVetSite Systems makes it easy for veterinarians or their staff to create a professional and educational veterinary hospital website.